Thursday, September 5, 2013

Symphonic Band Sectional Schedule


Next week, the Symphonic Band will be beginning our sectionals in preparation for All-City and All-Region Band. Every section has different music, so it is very important that we work on it outside of regular class time. Sectionals are one hour each week, and I have done my best to accommodate everyone's schedules. The linked schedule shows expected arrival times, start times, and end times. Please plan rides in advance so all students can attend. If you are having difficulty providing a ride for your student, please let me know and I can help get you in touch with other parents in that section who may be able to help you out.

Attendance at the sectional will be graded. We will occasionally have playing tests over the music as well. Individual work on this music is an important part of how Symphonic Band students grow as individual musicians during the fall semester.

I am looking forward to getting started with everyone next week! As always, let me know if you have any questions.